Sunday, March 7, 2010

I can't wait til I start to convert the fork from the rubber bushings suspension to the air cartridge system. This will definitely increase the amount of travel that I don't have now. The Pace fork that I use now maybe has 3" of travel. If you really think about that, it's not much at all when you compare it to the forks of today. It looks like the standard amount of travel is between 5 and 6 inches. I'll be happy just to get 4 1/2 inches. Remember the replacement suspension system that I am going to be putting in states a 80mm to 100mm amount of travel. The only big problem I foresee is my shock stanchions aren't long enough for that amount of travel. This will be interesting on how I go about upgrading the amount of travel with my current fork. Talk to you quick!

1 comment:

  1. And what you also shouldn't forget that you are changing the geometry when you are putting a long travel fork in a normal fork frame...
    I think what you want is good, more would not be a good plan ;)

    ReplyDelete