Tuesday, March 2, 2010









Here are acouple of quick photos I took of my new/used Pace fork. I have taken the steerer tube to have it replaced with an aluminum tube. That ought to lighten the fork by a good 1/3 of a pound. I have ordered 25 aluminum bolts to replace the cro-mo bolts that are on there now and that should lessen the weight as well. I am going to switch the brake bosses around to the front of the fork so I can lose one of the brake braces. And finally I am going to hack off the cro-mo stanchions and put in light weight springs instead of the rubber bushings that are in there now. That will be a drastic job to do but I assure you that it will work and I'll be giving you detailed information along the way. Talk to you quick!!!!

2 comments:

  1. fork looks nice
    But do not loose one of the bridges, you will notice that it becomes a sponge without it, the brakes are to strong for just one brake brace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the fork mocked-up and on the bike and I was going to keep the two braces on it because it looks pretty badass. Thanks for the info. I really value your opinion and if you say keep both, I will. P

    ReplyDelete