Tuesday, February 16, 2010









We have another follower!! Welcome! So to great our new follower here are some pics of the new/used Pace suspension fork I just picked up from one of our friends across the pond. I think I mention awhile back about purchasing a Pace fork. It was between a Rock Shox Sid or the Pace. Since this is a budget bike and I wasn't going to go nuts and buy a SID which is around 2 to 3 hundred dollars for a used one and not to mention then trying to find one with a 1 inch steerer tube. Did I also mention that Pace is now DT Swiss? Yes, it is a little rough but I do have a guy that will print out new stickers/decals for the fork. So I got that covered, "which is nice." To quote a line from one of the best movies ever. "Caddy Shack" Guess what else I'm thinking about doing? I might be moving towards disc brakes. I am researching weights and brands as we speak. We are looking at the "Stans" aluminum rotors (53 grams each) and the "Shimano XTR BR-M965F" caliper (81grams each). That's pretty light! I'd take the hit on weight for the look and the stopping power of disc brakes. Wouldn't you agree? Okay, I think I have said enough for now. Always leave them wanting more, I always say........ Talk to you quick!!!

1 comment: